Xbox360 Team Fortress 2 Community

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Share | 

A New Threat

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Z

Number of posts : 311
XBL Gamertag : Zehrizan
Registration date : 2008-07-28

PostSubject: A New Threat   Sun Oct 19, 2008 4:55 pm

The best way for me to introduce you all to this, is an anecdote.

[ By the way, this is a long post... A really really long post... ]

You get on your 360 and decide to play TF2. It takes a few minutes for everything to load up, and for the game to choose which memory, out of all 1 of them, to load. You get on, go to a random game, and look through your selection. You see, and click a game that has 6/8 players or so. You go in expecting a normal game. Maybe you just want to destroy an enemy team, or practice sniping, or spiing. You get it and, maybe it's the very beginning of a new match. were everyone jumps up into the air, while they can't move forward. For what reason this is done, no one knows, but everyone does it. You jump up a bit and notice, oddly, that your head has just hit the ceiling. You maybe think nothing of it. It's just lag. You go out, onto the battlements, and all-of-a-sudden you see a horde of scouts rushing towards you, flying through the air.'That's not possible... what the hell's happening?' you think to yourself, then try testing to see if you can do it too. You Can.

A new, very odd glitch has been released upon the TF2 community. I know, oddly enough, the exact start of it. On Saturday morning, around 3 A.M., a game was started that initiated this glitch. I was part of it. I don't know how it works, or why, but I know how it spreads.

What it does is completely screw up the gravity, causing you to moon-bounce. Some describe it as being in water all the time, but without the drowning thing. It completely changes all the strategies you may have for the game, as everything is changed. It works on all maps, and everything is changed, even classic glitches. In 2fort, the battlefield is no longer either of the enemies' bases, but the airspace above the bridge. Because it is a big, open space, easy to get to by both teams, it's quite appealing. Glitches are much easier to initiate, and I've even found a few new glitches (Raymie, when you get back, I gotta show you a few things). Because you can jump into the air, and reach the ceiling much easier, most all glitches are easier to do this way.

Now, for how it originated.

I was playing a game with some guy named "RMD Greglas". Half way through the game, I hear him talking about jumping from one side of the battlements to the other as a scout, but in 1 jump. I keep listening, and then, at the end of the game, he starts a new game and invites me to it. There I find the game is, how I will be referring to it from now on, Infected. What happens is, there is an original infected game, we're going to call I-1. Me, and everyone else in the game, because they were in this I-1 game, are now Infected. From here on, after they play in the I-1 Infected game, every person who Hosts a game, will also cause an infected game, I'll call I-2. If you start an I-2 game, everyone who participates in your infected match, the I-2 match, they too will be Infected. Those players can can then Host another match, created a new Infected match, I-3. And so on, and so on, and so on...

It is an infection glitch, a virus of sorts. I probably have no right to name it, but I will anyway. The names I see for it are:
-Moonbounce ( explains what it does)
-Virus Glitch ( explains how it works)
any other brilliant names are appreciated.

Now, don't fret, your gaming won't be randomly screwed up because you accidentally join a random game with this glitch activated. There are several cures.
-Join a non-infected game. If you, instead of Hosting a game, join a random game that's Non-Infected while you were Infected by a earlier match, you will become cured. You can still become Infected afterwords, but it can easily go away in this method. Because this may sound confusing, I'll make it easier, as I've explained it in such a way that very well may confuse me as well. You first get Infected, then join a Non-Infected game, you become cured.
The way I see it, the glitch works for when the game is first started, and when someone who's Infected starts the game. The Infected Host essentially uploads the glitch into the game, while it's loading, creating a potent virus game.

- You can also, simply, turn of your 360. Turning off your 360 removes the virus from your game completely, until you get it again. It only works for as long as your 360 is still on.
(there may be other ways, but I haven't tested it yet)

Now, why is this a threat to the community? Simple. This glitch sprung up early Saturday morning. I can still find a glitch game now. That's a problem. Games will keep getting infected more and more while everyone keeps playing. This keeps this virus alive, and guarantees that this could easily be around in the 360 TF2 community for a long time. I
Do Not want this glitch to stay around. Don't get me wrong, it's fun to play. All the rules are thrown out the window, utter mayhem ensues, and classes are changed in their usefulness and how they work.

Don't get me wrong, I like playing this, but it's quite the threat to normal game playing. Also, it's not a real virus. I call it a virus, because that's how it works, but it doesn't cause any harm to your 360.

I have the mastermind(I think) on my friends list, and I'll try and poke some answers out of him later, but I can't do that now.

Ask any questions you have on this subject here, I'll do what I can to explain.

I'll post more updates as they come.

Number of posts : 97
XBL Gamertag : Robover10
Registration date : 2008-08-17

PostSubject: Re: A New Threat   Sun Oct 19, 2008 7:57 pm

Wait, i have a friend who was asking all his TF2 games if they wanted to play a zero-gravity game. Was the host's GT:Sk8ter H8ter?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Z

PostSubject: Re: A New Threat   Sun Oct 19, 2008 7:59 pm

Yes. I know there's a lot of odd things you can put up onto your 360 so it treats it the same as the PC. That's how OBAM's done many of their most recent glitches. It is definitely a problem as it fuses 2 platforms that weren't meant to be... fused. They should be separate and, for the 360, it should have it's own glitches, not just mods.

I'll try and talk to Greglas as soon as possible and try and get a straight answer out of him, but I can't guarantee anything.

PostSubject: Re: A New Threat   Sun Oct 19, 2008 8:01 pm

I don't think so, Greglas was the main player here.

Sk8ter H8ter is, most likely, one of the people who was simply in one of an Infected game. There's a lot now, you should be able to find one easily if you just take the time to search.

PostSubject: Re: A New Threat   Sun Oct 19, 2008 8:02 pm

Well ill do alittle research and tell you the results.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Z

PostSubject: Re: A New Threat   Sun Oct 19, 2008 8:05 pm

gotcha.

PostSubject: Re: A New Threat   Mon Oct 20, 2008 2:05 am

I havn't been on Robover so i didn't get any information. Too busy trolling lol! . Trolling...so....much.....fun afro .
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Master Chaos

Number of posts : 327
XBL Gamertag : RAYMIE U

PostSubject: Re: A New Threat   Mon Oct 20, 2008 5:55 am

I must find out how they access the Dev console, I've seen so many theroys, but have been unable to attempt even one.

I will post all the ones I can remember the next time I get on my comp.

PSP is a bitch to type on.

Z

PostSubject: Re: A New Threat   Mon Oct 20, 2008 10:19 am

Yes it is...

You know, it's probably really easy ><

PostSubject: Re: A New Threat   Mon Oct 20, 2008 11:16 pm

It is annoying, but the utter chaos it creates is what draws people to use it. It's so different, so... against the rules, that it just has to be done. Yes, it completely screws up how the game should be played, but it's fun, in its' own way. That's not, however, a reason to play it, as it's quite annoying and isn't helpful to the TF2 community at all. It needs to die soon-ish...

PostSubject: Re: A New Threat   Tue Oct 21, 2008 1:32 am

I wanna try it first, ill help get rid of it if you guys need it after i play in it.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Z

PostSubject: Re: A New Threat   Tue Oct 21, 2008 3:05 am

Like you could actually help get rid of it. Please, you don't even know how basic glitches work...

PostSubject: Re: A New Threat   Tue Oct 21, 2008 10:53 pm

Some, some. I was the one who showed raymie how to ground walk on GP before it was even showed on youtube...even if it is on youtube! Soz Eaz it'z!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Z

PostSubject: Re: A New Threat   Wed Oct 22, 2008 1:16 am

And I'm the one who's helped find quite a few more... fun glitches... You helped with one, I've discovered several.

PostSubject: Re: A New Threat   Wed Oct 22, 2008 1:21 am

Yes but i havn't been playing, or played as much as you!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Z

PostSubject: Re: A New Threat   Wed Oct 22, 2008 3:27 am

That has nothing to do with anything. I find glitches when I'm extremely bored and trying to find glitches. You find glitches from Youtube and try and replicate them.

Now, get back on topic.

PostSubject: Re: A New Threat   Thu Oct 23, 2008 12:07 am

Threat ended.
Glitch appears to be dead.

Now back off topic...

Z

PostSubject: Re: A New Threat   Thu Oct 23, 2008 12:20 am

Actually... no. The glitch is still very much alive. Went into 2 random games the other day, and easily found it, not actually trying to find it.

It's very much alive, and I can't very well find a way for it to completely go away, as the person who started it, Cameraman (Not his full gamertag, but what I remember) can always just load it up again, I'm sure.

Yes, the mastermind behind this glitch is known as Cameraman. Seems Greglas was an unwitting party here. In any case, that's all I got now. We know who the major 'corrupter' here is, so that's surely a stride forward.

PostSubject: Re: A New Threat   Thu Oct 23, 2008 12:36 am

Well this is good news to some.

Cameraman...never heard of him, are you sure?

Z

PostSubject: Re: A New Threat   Thu Oct 23, 2008 12:37 am

Heard from Greglas myself.

And it's so-so news. Not the best. This is not a good glitch as it completely F's up everything this game is. It's fun for a bit, because of the utter chaos, but that's it.

PostSubject: Re: A New Threat   

Back to top Go down

A New Threat
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1