Xbox360 Team Fortress 2 Community

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Share | 

Eventual Update Possibilities

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Z

Number of posts : 311
XBL Gamertag : Zehrizan
Registration date : 2008-07-28

PostSubject: Eventual Update Possibilities   Tue Aug 26, 2008 8:04 pm

So, I got bored the other day and started thinking of an actual, feasible update that could be done to my favorite class, the engineer. I could only come up with one thing, seeing as the engie will probably get 4-5 upgrades, maybe 6 (shoty, pistol, wrench, sentry, dispenser.(maybe teleporters))
I came up with something for mister engie's dispenser.

[Insert witty name here]( alert dispenser in this case, i think)

Description: Builds and looks exactly like a normal Dispenser, but has a siren light on the top of it.

Upgrade: The dispenser now shows you a radius when building, much like the sentry's, to which its' effects work. Any enemy within this radius, especially Spy's, will trigger the dispenser, whether they're below it or not. The radius works for things a floor under or above, as long as it's within the radius. Once alerted, the Dispenser will flash its' lights and make a little siren sound, thusly, alerting your team against attack. Also, once the dispenser goes on alert mode, the Sentry will, first, go alert and focus on the dispenser, then go on alert and look around. Any enemy is attacked slightly faster because the sentry will be aware to an enemy.

Cost:
-The dispenser will now only give (either) half of the usual amount of metal(20), or give metal twice as slowly(generally the same), or
both.
-With the Sentry focusing on the Dispenser first when it goes off, this can also give enemies a bit of leeway, adding to better strategy in
Dispenser placement.
-Has to be switched with the normal dispenser; ie, you can't make a normal dispenser and an alerting dispenser, just one or the other.

That is what I came up with for an engineer upgrade. You guys can think up others and add them in. ( They don't always have to be about engineers)But remember, this is on serious upgrades, so think about it a bit and how to make it balanced. Also, please follow the format I started; I think it looks nice, neat, and easy to read. If you can think up a better format, tell me, show me, and we can switch to that.

One last note, though this should be obvious, Medics, Pyros, and Heavies are out of this topic, seeing as they've already been updated.

Ravager999's idea:

Magne-wrench

Description: A red(or blue, depending on team)wrench that creates the occasional spark around it in a magnetic field.

Upgrade: Mainly- allows you to hit bullets fired by the enemy and both deflect most damage from it, and collect metal from it on the wrench. The wrench can swing faster and, when hitting an enemy directly steals twice the amount of metal than from hitting bullets. Timing would become a major part of catching bullets, of coarse. The amount of metal gained would be proportionate to the amount of ammo that could be used by that gun. Pipe bombs could also be hit backwards. Pyros flamethrower is immune, since it doesn't fire metal. The wrench can hold up to 200 metal on it, along with the normal amount of metal that can be held. The more metal stored on the wrench, the more damage it does up when hitting an enemy, but also, the slower it hits. The metal stored on the wrench can be used to upgrade buildings after the normal metal has been used, but the wrench-metal can't be gained unless taken from enemies. When the wrench has full metal, you can press the Left Trigger to send the metal toward an enemy and, if your crosshair stays on the enemy, the metal will home in on them, like the Rocket Launcher in Half Life. The Left Trigger attack also has a very high chance of a crit.

Cost:
-Doesn't give a speed boost to the building of buildings alone.
-Adds less metal to buildings when upgrading.
-Less damage done to enemies.

Tell me what ya think, Ravager.

Last edited by Z on Thu Aug 28, 2008 8:12 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Ravager999

Number of posts : 97
XBL Gamertag : Robover10
Registration date : 2008-08-17

PostSubject: Re: Eventual Update Possibilities   Wed Aug 27, 2008 12:48 am

How about a whrench upgrade called the magne-whrench.

Description:A red and black whrench that has a magnetic feild surrounding it.

Upgrade:Steal enemies ammo and turns it into metal for you when used and swings faster than regular whrench but doesnt do as much damage.Always crits disguised spies but upgrades buildings slower.

(Dont think its too good...tell me wat u think and feel free to add Engineer )
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Z

PostSubject: Re: Eventual Update Possibilities   Wed Aug 27, 2008 1:27 am

Well, a wrench crit on a spy is usually definite death, and I don't quite like attacks being specifically made to combat a single other class, though the spy did that... It sounds interesting, though I know from experience that you don't, or at least, shouldn't use your wrench against most enemies unless you can sneak behind them or it's way up close... last resort things. It is interesting though.

Perhaps it would store metal on the wrench, and, with more metal, you'd cause more damage. And, whenever needed, you could press the left trigger to send all the metal to your sentry or other buildings. A certain radius would have to be used, though. And/or, when outside that radius, you could press the LT to throw the metal at your enemy as a kind of homing rocket. At the full capacity of metal that could be held on the wrench, you would have a very high chance of crit, as well. I like the slower building upgrades thing, too.

Very interesting, I like it.

PostSubject: Re: Eventual Update Possibilities   Thu Aug 28, 2008 7:36 pm

Well i guess your idea adds a lot and i like both ideas together more.Would be really cool though.
All thats left is the shotgun and pistol.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Z

PostSubject: Re: Eventual Update Possibilities   Thu Aug 28, 2008 7:51 pm

Don't forget sentry... and possibly teleporter...

I'll add your ideas to the first post with a bit more... tell me what you think of it...

PostSubject: Re: Eventual Update Possibilities   Fri Aug 29, 2008 5:55 am

Its awesome...really like the metal launching thing...who wouldnt want to send metal flying at an enemies face and also i couldnt think of a bad side and i like ur idea for it. Engineer
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Z

PostSubject: Re: Eventual Update Possibilities   Fri Aug 29, 2008 10:35 am

Thanks, awesome. I'll keep it as is then. Now, we just need to get some more ideas up...

Number of posts : 14
XBL Gamertag : You Lis Sis/ TheBraveUlysses
Registration date : 2008-08-07

PostSubject: Re: Eventual Update Possibilities   Sat Aug 30, 2008 4:30 am

Sniper:

Assassin's Delight:
Wider circle than regular sniper. Can zoom to three different lengths. (Regular[20 metres], Far[30 metres], Farthest[45 metres].
Also has a bigger chance of headshots, due to a bigger aiming point.

Cons:
No Charge Shots
Longer Reload
20 Ammo
3 regular shots to kill another sniper.(175 health)

Down Under Thunder (I have no idea):
Submachine gun switched to a "Colt" Pistol [Like Spy's]
Rapid fire three shots at a time.
Clip size 15
Ammo 70
Shot in head is crit.

Cons:
Short Range
Very Slow reload
Jams if used too fast, too much [as in all shots in five seconds...]

Croc Tooth Dagger
Stronger than Machete
50 Add Health
Throwable
Crit if thrown successfully

Cons
Slows when throwing
Slower swing
Limited Supply
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Ravager999

PostSubject: Re: Eventual Update Possibilities   Sat Aug 30, 2008 6:45 am

Nice idea for sniper...also like how u filled all weapons...also glad u put a limit for the throwable machete thingy

Oh yeah Z thinks my whrench idea is too overpowered specialy toward spies(one of his favorite classes....why i thought of always critting disguised spies to piss him off if it came true lol! lol! lol! )
Back to top Go down
View user profile
BRR BraveUlysses

Number of posts : 14
XBL Gamertag : You Lis Sis/ TheBraveUlysses
Registration date : 2008-08-07

PostSubject: Re: Eventual Update Possibilities   Sun Aug 31, 2008 10:58 pm

I just thought of an idea...

Sentry Gun Spy Repeller:

With this Sentry, if it starts being sapped, an inner flame gun shoots fire in a ring around the sentry as a defense.

Cons
Lower Health
Lower Ammo

Heal Teleporter
After the teleport is done, it heals 50 health and refills ammo.

Cons
Slower Recharge
Has "Ammo" Ammount (Like Sentry or Dispenser)

Tell me what you think.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Ravager999

PostSubject: Re: Eventual Update Possibilities   Mon Sep 01, 2008 6:18 am

once again nice idea...lets see wat z thinks
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Master Chaos

Number of posts : 327
XBL Gamertag : RAYMIE U

PostSubject: Re: Eventual Update Possibilities   Mon Sep 01, 2008 4:43 pm

BRR BraveUlysses wrote:
I just thought of an idea...

Sentry Gun Spy Repeller:

With this Sentry, if it starts being sapped, an inner flame gun shoots fire in a ring around the sentry as a defense.

Cons
Lower Health
Lower Ammo

No, this will make it damn near impossible to sap the sentry with no one around and living, and WITH someone around, they'll all know the spy when they see the fire.

Heal Teleporter
After the teleport is done, it heals 50 health and refills ammo.

Cons
Slower Recharge
Has "Ammo" Ammount (Like Sentry or Dispenser)

A very good idea although I don't think it should have an Ammo amount.

Tell me what you think.

Bold is my say in that.

Master Chaos

PostSubject: Re: Eventual Update Possibilities   Mon Sep 01, 2008 4:55 pm

BRR BraveUlysses wrote:
Sniper:

Assassin's Delight:
Wider circle than regular sniper. Can zoom to three different lengths. (Regular[20 metres], Far[30 metres], Farthest[45 metres].
Also has a bigger chance of headshots, due to a bigger aiming point.

Cons:
No Charge Shots
Longer Reload
20 Ammo
3 regular shots to kill another sniper.(175 health)

No, the sniper was meant for markmanship, making it too easy to get a headshot is a very bad idea, as poor snipers will be able to pull off a shot out of nowhere and get a headshot or aim far off from the head and a headshot. The better scope would be a good idea to put as optional addon to either rifle. Snipers have 125 health.

Down Under Thunder (I have no idea):
Submachine gun switched to a "Colt" Pistol [Like Spy's]
Rapid fire three shots at a time.
Clip size 15
Ammo 70
Shot in head is crit.

Cons:
Short Range
Very Slow reload
Jams if used too fast, too much [as in all shots in five seconds...]

Overall well balanced, very good and doesn't overpower the sniper since the crits will take careful aim on his part. It shouldn't fire 3 shots at a time though. Single fire would be good with that clip size, although 3 shot bursts would seem fine as well.

Croc Tooth Dagger
Stronger than Machete
50 Add Health
Throwable
Crit if thrown successfully

Cons
Slows when throwing
Slower swing
Limited Supply

The most overpowered thing of your ideas, first off a Kurki does around 50-70 damage already. Adding damage and making it throwable will overpower it, and having a limited supply would not really help out as a crit will be able to one shot Pyros, and maybe soldiers, and it will leave the sniper without a melee weapon.

All of my comments are in bold, and underlined.

Master Chaos

PostSubject: Re: Eventual Update Possibilities   Mon Sep 01, 2008 5:01 pm

Z wrote:
So, I got bored the other day and started thinking of an actual, feasible update that could be done to my favorite class, the engineer. I could only come up with one thing, seeing as the engie will probably get 4-5 upgrades, maybe 6 (shoty, pistol, wrench, sentry, dispenser.(maybe teleporters))
I came up with something for mister engie's dispenser.

[Insert witty name here]( alert dispenser in this case, i think)

Description: Builds and looks exactly like a normal Dispenser, but has a siren light on the top of it.

Upgrade: The dispenser now shows you a radius when building, much like the sentry's, to which its' effects work. Any enemy within this radius, especially Spy's, will trigger the dispenser, whether they're below it or not. The radius works for things a floor under or above, as long as it's within the radius. Once alerted, the Dispenser will flash its' lights and make a little siren sound, thusly, alerting your team against attack. Also, once the dispenser goes on alert mode, the Sentry will, first, go alert and focus on the dispenser, then go on alert and look around. Any enemy is attacked slightly faster because the sentry will be aware to an enemy.

Cost:
-The dispenser will now only give (either) half of the usual amount of metal(20), or give metal twice as slowly(generally the same), or
both.
-With the Sentry focusing on the Dispenser first when it goes off, this can also give enemies a bit of leeway, adding to better strategy in
Dispenser placement.
-Has to be switched with the normal dispenser; ie, you can't make a normal dispenser and an alerting dispenser, just one or the other.

NO. HELL FUCKING NO. THIS WILL MAKE A SPY'S JOB IMPOSSIBLE WITHOUT BEING FOUND OUT.
NO.

That is what I came up with for an engineer upgrade. You guys can think up others and add them in. ( They don't always have to be about engineers)But remember, this is on serious upgrades, so think about it a bit and how to make it balanced. Also, please follow the format I started; I think it looks nice, neat, and easy to read. If you can think up a better format, tell me, show me, and we can switch to that.

One last note, though this should be obvious, Medics, Pyros, and Heavies are out of this topic, seeing as they've already been updated.

Ravager999's idea:

Magne-wrench

Description: A red(or blue, depending on team)wrench that creates the occasional spark around it in a magnetic field.

Upgrade: Mainly- allows you to hit bullets fired by the enemy and both deflect most damage from it, and collect metal from it on the wrench. The wrench can swing faster and, when hitting an enemy directly steals twice the amount of metal than from hitting bullets. Timing would become a major part of catching bullets, of coarse. The amount of metal gained would be proportionate to the amount of ammo that could be used by that gun. Pipe bombs could also be hit backwards. Pyros flamethrower is immune, since it doesn't fire metal. The wrench can hold up to 200 metal on it, along with the normal amount of metal that can be held. The more metal stored on the wrench, the more damage it does up when hitting an enemy, but also, the slower it hits. The metal stored on the wrench can be used to upgrade buildings after the normal metal has been used, but the wrench-metal can't be gained unless taken from enemies. When the wrench has full metal, you can press the Left Trigger to send the metal toward an enemy and, if your crosshair stays on the enemy, the metal will home in on them, like the Rocket Launcher in Half Life. The Left Trigger attack also has a very high chance of a crit.

Cost:
-Doesn't give a speed boost to the building of buildings alone.
-Adds less metal to buildings when upgrading.
-Less damage done to enemies.
ONCE AGAIN, NO. WAY TOO OVERPOWERED, DOESN'T NEED AN EXPLANIATION AS TO WHY IF YOU LOOK AT IT. NO.

Tell me what ya think, Ravager.

Guys, make it balanced not just meant to take a class to new hights, cause then that will end in misery for the other classes.

All of my comments save for the one directly above and this are in Bold and Underlined.

Ravager999

PostSubject: Re: Eventual Update Possibilities   Tue Sep 02, 2008 12:18 am

If u wonder why i hate spys....its cause of raymie when i started playing TF2...thats why im like one of the triggerhappiiest pyros in the world. Pyro Taunt
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Z

PostSubject: Re: Eventual Update Possibilities   Tue Sep 02, 2008 12:41 am

Remember... Paranoia is your Friend... without the r... sometimes...

PostSubject: Re: Eventual Update Possibilities   

Back to top Go down

Eventual Update Possibilities
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1